The holidays are a great time to list your home. Here’s why:
- Serious buyers are out! People who are serious about purchasing a home continue to look during the holidays.
- Less Inventory. There are fewer houses to choose from during the holidays which in turn will create more money for you.
- Houses show better when they are decorated for the holidays.
- Many people have less demanding work schedules during the holidays, which will give them more time to look at homes for sale.
- Some people are motivated to buy before year end for tax purposes.
- You can sell now and delay closing until the Spring. This will give you the peace of mind that your house has sold, and also give you a more ideal moving time.
- January is traditionally when new employees begin new jobs. This means that they cannot traditionally wait until Spring to buy and must purchase a home that is on the market now.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
- You can control the showing schedule, so you will still be able to enjoy holiday time at your home without worrying about agents and potential buyers stopping by.
- Darren is ready to help you list your home now!
If you are ready to list your home or, if any family, friends or co-workers need my help, let me know! Happy Holidays!